‘Explorer’s Club’ hits the stage this weekend

Central production described as ‘very comedic’

Photo courtesy of Barbara Hilt

Harper Johnston (left), Blaise Alderson, Wyatt Angell and Nathan Goldbach will be among those bringing “The Explorer’s Club” to the stage this weekend.

The Explorers Club has arrived.
The show is tonight through Sunday at the Central High auditorium.
The play takes place in 1879 in London during the Victorian era.
“My personal favorite part of the show is when a NaKong warrior becomes a bartender,” said sophomore Nate Goldbach, who plays Professor Cope.
Cope is an expert on reptiles and is best friends with Professor Walling.
“People should come see the show, because it is very well-written and has good comedic moments,” senior Blaise Alderson said.
Alderson plays Professor Robert Sloane, a professor of biblical science who hates women. His character tries to keep Harper Johnston, who plays Phyllida, out of the Explorers Club.
Troupe 639 is getting its show adjudicated for the International Thespian Festival.
“Being adjudicated is not only giving us a chance to perform in front of high school troupes,” senior Camille Morris said. “It can also get us feedback with our show.”
This show was chosen because it is very different from the first of the season and is more modern.
“The Explorer Club has its funny high-energy moments while the Children’s Hour was a serious note,” Morris said.
The cast members believe this show is very comedic.
“I have loved getting to work with the cast and crew,” Johnston said.”We’ve been really professional about being prepared for the show and all our hard work has definitely paid off.”
Showtimes will be 7 p.m. tonight and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for students.