Here’s a “Clue” about what’s new

Theater department performs their last show of the year

Karlyn Brecheisen, Writer

Cast reacts the murderer

For the third and final performance of the 2018-2019 year, the cast worked hard and for endless hours to put on an incredible show that got the audience hooked. This murder mystery was based off of the board game “Clue” and the movie that was made in the 80’s. The characters are invited to a dinner party where people are getting murdered left and right. Nobody but one knows who this murderer is. Each character deals with it in their own unique way which makes the show very entertaining to watch . This show kept the audience on their toes but also laughing at the humorous remarks made throughout the show.

Every year, a student is given the opportunity to direct the spring show. This years director was Senior Bradyn Houltberg. This means the entire production was students lead.

“One thing I really like about this show is that it is 100% students” says Chad Nulik.

The cast explains that there were some challenges faced with working with so many props. The murder weapons and every little thing that had to be strategically placed to follow the story, was something that wasn’t easy. Luckily, all went well and worked out in the end. 

Even though there were dark moments of mystery, there were always times that the audience laughed and enjoyed being engaged with the cast.

The best part was getting to watch my cast perform and hear people laugh at it”

— Senior Brady Houltberg

This show was most definitely an audience favorite.

With this being the last show of this year, that means the last show for the seniors. Some of the seniors have been performing since grade school up until this point. Many of them are pursuing other dreams rather than theater, making this their last time performing on a stage. It was hard for many of those that have had a passion for theater for so long.

“I’m kind of sad about it, it’s like bittersweet I know it’s good to be over but it’s a little sad at the same time.” says Senior Bradyn Houltberg.

All good things come to an end, and it would be an understatement to say this cast went out with a bang.