CHS Pylon

A Mustang’s Media

Senior+Kerrigan+Hutton+behind+the+camera%2C+helping+produce+the+Mustang+Media%27s+broadcast.+
Senior Kerrigan Hutton behind the camera, helping produce the Mustang Media's broadcast.

Makenna Haith

Makenna Haith

Last Tuesday, we had an interview with Shelby Dinkel of Mustang Media to ask her about this organization. When asked what Mustang Media is, Ms. Dinkel replied with,

“It combines all of journalism, but right now we are using it for our video staff. It is a group of about 10 to 12 students to create videos, create content, to get interviews, and hopefully have a weekly broadcast.”

Right now their broadcast is going to be surrounding Homecoming week. But it’s not just that. They will also try to cover news all over the school. When asked how long it takes to create one of these videos, she said,

“Since the Mustang Media class is in W2, the students plan it a week ahead then they film it, so it takes about a week to film…”

Junior Miles Denning, who helps directs Mustang Media, does not think his job is necessarily hard.

“I don’t really feel like I struggle with it, it’s just a lot of fun to me, but getting the new film out on time is hard.” Denning said.

Denning also said that he has been on the team all year and plans to work with Mustang Media until he graduates. When we asked Denning if he enjoys working on Mustang Media, he said that he looks forward to every time he comes to class to work on it. Since on Friday, September 21, the date when the first broadcast came out, this is what Denning had to say about it.

“I think it’s great to share the information and get the word around about school events, sports, and just all the things that are happening at school and doing it in a fun and modern way. I feel like students are impacted by this. Students in class don’t really pay attention to the teachers so maybe this is another way to inform students about events.”

If you are interested in joining Mustang Media, you first have to take her AV Fundamentals class.

Makenna Haith
Seniors Kerrigan Hutton and Becca Hough hosting the Mustang Media’s broadcast.

Makenna Haith
Senior Gage Burmaster and Junior Molly Michaelis editing a broadcast.