CHS Pylon

Freshman football

Saul Baquera

Football season was not a very good one for the Central Mustangs. They struggled to win every game going 0-9 this season. There was many things that did not work for the team this year. Although they did not do as well as they would have the freshman’s put in work this year.

Freshman Payton Powell says “I feel like we worked really hard and played better than last year.” He also said “ We all worked really well as a team” which was very true. What he said about the team struggling to win was “ We didn’t execute the plays like we do in practice” which must have been a stress for the team.

What he said about what could be improved for next year was “We just need to execute when it comes to game time” and hopefully next year they can.

Freshman Aaron Moreno says “I feel like we did good for our first high school year and we left off on a good note.” He also says “I feel like the freshman players did really good we could’ve done better but it was an alright season for us.”

What he said that they could do to improve for next year is “ We could keep what we are doing and get mentally prepared” which is very true. Moreno also says “I feel like we have improved and we have worked way harder and received the best results we can get.” Which is what he feels about the freshman’s this year.

Freshman Josh Meyer says, “I feel kind of upset that the season ended because football is my life.” What he says about the freshman’s is “The freshman’s got way better we played faster and executed way better.” What he said about what could be improved for next year is “Keep getting better and mentally prepared and be better players.” He says “I do have high hopes for the freshman’s because we have played together for a long time and we have a bond that can’t be broken” Which is good for chemistry.

In all, the freshman’s will work to get better every year. Hopefully they can do something big going on together as a group