Basketball and Wrestling Teams Prepare for Another Season

Back to Article
Back to Article

Nathan Farmer

With the fall season past and gone the upcoming Winter sports season is fast approaching. One of the main sports, basketball is one of the most anticipated sports of not only the winter season, but also the whole school year. The boys basketball team is hyped up for another great and successful season. “We have athlethesism and shooting, and great returning players,” says coach Doug Finch. “If everyone stays healthy and puts the team first, we should have a very good year. Expectations are high, this team has a chance to do very well in the AVCTL, SIT, and regular season.”

As for younger players such as Freshman Reed McHenry are excited to get on the court and play. “I am very excited for another season of basketball. I know I didn’t play high school last year and I know this is going to be completely different than middle school, but I’m ready.” explains McHenry

The team has high expectations for the season and hope to play exceptional. As for other sports, such as wrestling, are also hoping to thrive this season.

For freshman Brooks Burgoon this is his first season of high school wrestling. “I’m kind of nervous just because it is my first year, but at the same time, I am ready and excited,” Burgoon says “I don’t know what kind of role on the team I will play, but whatever role it is, I will have to make it work and go out onto the mat and give it my all.”

The winter sports are a big season at Salina Central, and the teams are ready to destroy and conquer. The coaches, players and fans of the teams are ready for the season to get under way.